6 plugins that will increase your WordPress site speed
Is improving site speed hard ? Did you try with millions of plugins ? Nothing worked ?
Of course nothing worked.Those tutorials are outdated.That’s why we have brand new tutorials with fresh content , only waiting for your eyes to be on them.
The site speed is the most important part for your website in 2020.It doesn’t only help you rank higher.It also attracts more visitors , keeps the visitors into your website and gets you more leads and conversions.
The statistics in 2020 show that a visitor is leaving a website on the 3rd second.If your website’s loading time is more than 3 seconds , just don’t expect that many visitors or customers.Nobody wants a slow loading website , but the opposite.They all want a fast loading website.
In this post we will be reviewing the 6 essential plugins that can maximize your website speed and achieve good scores in GT Metrix.
1. SWIFT PERFORMANCE LITE
If you’re looking to make your WordPress site as fast as possible, another optimization tool you’ll want to check out is the Swift Performance Lite plugin. This is a free caching and performance plugin for WordPress that will significantly speed up your site. Some of its features include:
- Leverage compression and browser caching
- Optimize images
- Remove query strings from static resources
- Organize plugins
Images are major contributors to a web page’s size. It can significantly slow down page loading and increase the speed index of your WordPress. The trick is to reduce the size of your images without compromising their quality. Doing this manually with Photoshop or some other tool would be time-consuming. Fortunately, there is a plugin for that.
Tinypng is an online image optimization tool that also comes in plugin format. It will compress and optimize your JPEG and PNG images automatically. Some of its features include:
- Automatic optimization of images when uploaded
- Advanced image optimization in the background
- Optimize images already in your media library
- Set max parameters for images to resize large images
- Option for preserve copyright metadata of images
- Compatible with WPML, Multisite, and WooCommerce
3. WP OPTIMIZE
If your WordPress database is a mess, your site isn’t going to perform as well as it should. Over time, a MySQL database can end up with redundant databases and tables. You need cleaning tools like WP Optimize can remove any unnecessary stuff so that your site continues to perform at the highest level.
This plugin has several powerful features:
- Cleans your database – It will search for remove and unnecessary data such as trackbacks, pingbacks, trashed and spam comments, and expired options. It gives you complete control over which options it will carry out and can do these at the intervals you select (weekly, etc.).
- Compress images – The plugin comes with an image compression tool that will compress JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIF files up to 5MG in size. It will also do bulk compression, and auto-compress as images are uploaded.
- Caching function – WP Optimize also has a caching engine that will temporarily store data for faster loading website loading.
4. YOAST SEO
If you want your WordPress site to get found by your intended audience, you’ll need to optimize it for the search engines. Yoast SEO, one of the most complete and powerful WordPress SEO plugins, can help you do this.
Once you install and activate the plugin, some of its valuable features include:
- Advanced XML sitemaps functionality
- Keyword optimization
- Full control over breadcrumbs
- Title and meta description templating
- Content and SEO analysis
- Content snippet previews
- Create cornerstone content
- Bulk edit content
- Manage SEO roles
Yoast is a free plugin, and there is also a premium version. If you decide to upgrade, some of the advanced features you can access include managing redirects, suggestions for internal linking, content insights, and free support.
5. ALL IN ONE WP SECURITY FIREWALL
Even though WordPress is considered secure, it accounts for 90% of all hacked CMS sites. So, every step you take towards more security for your site will increase its performance. One way to take your WordPress site’s security to new a level is with the All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin.
This is a feature-rich plugin that comes with “basic,” “intermediate,” and “advanced” security and firewall features. Some of its features include:
- Hardens user account security
- Protects against “Brute Force Login Attacks” with a site lockdown feature
- Add Google reCaptcha to the login system
- User registration security features
- Database security
- File system security features
- Blacklist functionality
- Firewall features
- Comment spam monitoring
- Security scanner
It would be a shame to work on your site for months or years and then lose everything in the blink of an eye because of an error or the actions of a hacker. This is why having backups are vital. UpdraftPlus makes backing up WordPress a seamless process.
This WordPress backup and restoration plugin does just what you would expect – and more. It backs up everything onto the cloud according to your set schedule. It will then restore your website with the click of a button. And it’s simple to use.
You can also use UpdraftPlus to clone and migrate your website to a new domain or a new host. This was once a complex process, but this plugin makes it simple with just a few clicks.