The Best 8 Extensions For Contact Form 7 (2020)
Contact Form 7 plugin is one of the most handy and user-friendly extensions for those who would like to communicate with their visitors and have an orderly way for accumulating information about their users and messages in just one place.Learn more about The Best 8 Extensions For Contact Form 7 (2020)
Although this plugin is well-featured and widely used by a majority of bloggers or website owners, is has not made any significant changes or updates and sometimes is out-of-the-box when we require some additional tasks with a contact form. That is the reason why Contact Form 7 has inadequate vital features in comparison to major competitors.
The Best 8 Extensions For Contact Form 7 (2020)
1. Contact Form 7 Multi-Step
Feeling exhausted to fill in such a longgggg form? Want to chop it down into steps? Contact Form 7 Multi-Step is born for you.
This awesome extension enables Contact Form 7 plugin to add multiple steps to your form with a click and you can easily customize your button for each step.
The following are primary features of this handy extension:
- Make your form look better with Multi-step
- Add easily step tag to your form with a click
- Custom easily your button for each step
- Having unlimited steps
- Nice UI/ UX
Contact Form 7 Multi-Step is a useful add-on which is built to add multiple steps to your form if it looks quite long with too many fields.
This extension is the most effective approach to make your long form into a shorter form and keep it straightforward.
You can also add Next and Previous navigation buttons in the forms by using shortcodes and this contact form add-on makes Contact Form 7 more reliable and functional.
So, what is Contact Form 7 Multi-Step used for? Can you guess?
It is truly useful for doing a survey or collecting information of the user in steps and send an email in the end.
To cut a long story short, this extension works like a charm and I highly recommend this for those who do not want to lose clients.
2. Contact Form 7 Database
Can you guess the implication of the picture above?
Hah, finished? Guess what it is?
This is one aspect that Contact Form 7 is lacking compared to its rivals, e.g. the ability to keep form entries in WordPress database and make it accessible.
This add-on is called Contact Form 7 Database developed by Ninja Team and it is built to retain all submitted forms.
Following are some noticeable features that this extension offers:
- Save submitted from Contact Form 7 to database
- Change tag name easily
- Drag and drop to sort columns
- Enable or disable columns
- Export submitted data to CSV
- Export any columns data to CSV
- Easy to export email data to CSV for marketing
- Display submitted data for each form
- Have user-friendly user interface
What else this extension can do in addition to retain and access submitted forms?
It can create a back-up file of entries and export most available formats in case something unexpected comes up.
So what are you waiting for? I suppose this amazing extension will satisfy your need. Install it and everything is in your hand.
3. Moana – Contact Form Seven CF7 Builder use Visual Composer
Are you using Contact Form 7 and getting tired of constantly making changes of your form’s style and columns?
Now you can free yourself from this annoying coding difficulty.
With Moana Builder, you can just drag and drop elements easily the way you’re doing with Visual Composer.
Keep calm, try Moana, and enjoy yourself!
- Simply drag and drop
- Word with visual composer
- No coding required
- Speed things up and save your time
- Super easy to use
This plugin allows you to build Contact Form 7 with ease by simply dragging and dropping fields into your contact form. It’s easy as pie.
You can create the contact form like a bat out of hell and feel no more stress when your codes go wrong.
Overall, it may be said that this extension is super duper handy and a missing piece to the perfection of Contact Form 7.
If you are familiar with Visual Composer and currently using Contact Form 7, this is the plugin you are looking for.
4. Contact Form 7 Honeypot
“Ugh! Not again! What the heck of these things? Spam everywhere !!!”
Have you ever been in that situation? If yes, no need to worry because every platform is targeted by spammers.
If you’re up in the air, you can’t go wrong with HoneyPot extension.
Installing Contact Form 7 Honeypot is a breeze. You can find the plugin in the WordPress directory or by going to:
Following are the following central features of this add-on:
- Prevent spam bots
- Easy to use
- Work with multiple forms
The purpose of HoneyPot is adding anti-spam functionality to prevent spam bots and sort them into hidden fields and force them reveal that they are actually non-human visitors to your site.
Form submissions are marked as spamming and not allowed to send. HoneyPot immensely helps minimize large amounts of the contact form spam you will receive, without making your visitors frustrated with an ugly captcha field.
In practice, with this extension, adding anti-spam protection is as a piece of cake and all you have to do is just click the new button and this module will add to the form editor and then save your form.
I highly recommend the Contact Form 7 HoneyPot plugin for its user-friendliness and it does not have an influence on the aesthetics of the contact form or the user experience.
5. JQuery Validation For Contact Form 7
How does the idea of making sure your visitors submit validated information through your forms sound? The free jQuery Validation For Contact Form 7 is just a handy extension that will give you the ability to easily validate certain types of data.
Here are some main features of this extension:
- Add jquery validation to contact form fields.
- More faster validation than of contact form core validation.
- Allow field to be validated for URL, date, credit card, number and more.
- Field highlight features for invalid field data types.
- Error message for individual fields.
- Easy to add validation rules. Just add class in Contact Form 7 fields.
- Interactive validation that your users love.
- Work with multiple forms now.
This add-on helps to integrate jquery validation to your Contact Form 7. It is easy to use and works pretty solid. Once visitors fill in incorrect information, the offending form field will be promptly flagged and lets users quickly recognize their mistakes.
Following are the validation methods available for the purpose of checking the correctness of information that users fill in the forms:
- Digit only
- Credit card
- US phone number
- IBAN (Internation Bank Account Number)
- Letters only
I have periodically used this add-on to check the effectiveness of its features, I must say that this add-on is truly useful and quickly enhances validation message visibility. However, it would be great to have attached language packs in order to support websites that do not display in English.
6. Contact Form 7 – PayPal Add-on
If there is one add-on that gives your CF7 a shot in the arm, it must be PayPal because it allows you to integrate credit card payment options to your forms.
Contact Form 7 PayPal add-on shares some primary features as follows:
- Set items name, price, SKU/ID per contact form
- Built in support for 18 languages (PayPal currently supports 18 languages)
- Built in support 25 currencies (PayPal currently supports 25 currencies)
- PayPal testing through Sandbox
- Choose a cancel payment URL
- Choose a successful payment URL
Normally, individual contact forms can merely be used to purchase a single product and obviously you cannot buy multiple products because there is no shopping cart supported in this case.
However, if you are running a small business and selling a small proportion of products or services, this add-on might be a possible choice. A great example for this would be a blogger selling a pair of Adidas AlphaBOUNCE Beyond sneakers as illustrated below.
Once a contact form is enabled with a PayPal account and a user submits the form, it will send the email, as usual, then auto-redirect to PayPal.
With regard to business, Contact Form 7 add-on is surprisingly easy to install and use. The first thing to do is add your PayPal merchant ID to the PayPal Settings screen, as well as confirming your currency.
When everything is done, move on to the PayPal tab. On this screen, all you need to do is activate PayPal, then provide an item description, price, and SKU number. Finish by hitting Save.
Now, once your customers finish filling in the form and hit Submit button, they will be redirected to the PayPal checkout screen. From this screen, they can easily make their purchase.
7. Contact Form 7 Style
If your CF7 theme is bored as hell and you would like to have a new lease of life, Contact Form 7 Style extension is an awesome tool for your personalization interest.
Actually, Contact Form 7 does not have any style of templates and this is quite limited compared to its competitors. With Contact Form 7 Style, you will have the power to personalize your forms and give it a new look.
- Color styling
- Custom fonts (Google fonts included)
- Styling for input fields, text, textarea, labels, submit button, messages and placeholders
- Border color
- Form background color
- Customized style can be imported/ exported
- Live preview on changing/adding the new style properties of each element
- Possibility to customize error messages, success messages and warning messages
You are a romantic person? The Valentine’s Day theme will suit your romanticism.
You are a simple person? Go get your Simple Pattern theme.
You love Christmas? So you can’t go wrong with Christmas theme.
Plus, this extension allows users to alter numerous options such as custom color, custom fonts, styling options for input fields, text, labels, submit button, messages and background image option.
What is more, it also lets you to import and export your personalization of a form and support multiple forms with different design.
8. Image Optimize and Upload CF7
Need to upload many images and want to make it easy for the user and safe user’s time? Well, this plugin will do it for you by resizing and compressing images on the client’s side before sending them to you.
This Contact Form 7 plugin extension allows your visitors to automatically compress and resize the images before sending them, so it saves their time and bandwidth. You can pick the size of the image and the quality too.
Main features of Images Optimize and Upload CF7 plugin:
- Quick compression and resizing images on the client’s side using AJAX drag and drop uploader
- No limits on input file size and file type validation
- Mobile friendly
- Customize file upload thumbnails and drag and drop area layouts
- Multiple shortcodes in one form
- Identify images by adding ID to the shortcode. The ID value will be used as a prefix in the filename
- Set the maximum uploaded files limit in global settings, or in the shortcode
- You can remove the temporary image files from the server after form submission or just keep them
- Highly customizable settings